After two plus months of construction, were getting ready to raise a glass to the grand re-opening of Broadway Liquor Outlet, a wine, beer and spirits emporium located in North Minneapolis. Here are five fast facts you should know about the project.
- Broadway Liquor Outlet is a third-generation family business. Rising up in a post-Prohibition world, the Minneapolis location has served thirsty customers since 1948. From in-store tastings to a VIP wine club, you can expect top-notch service at this neighborhood institution.
- Their former retail space was on a city parcel that was totally wiped out by the North Minneapolis tornado in 2011. This summer, we served as the general contractor on the build-out of the brands new retail spacewhich happens to be on the same city parcel. Thankfully, Broadway Liquor Outlet didnt have to close their doors for very long after the tornado; theyve been operating in a location across the street for the past five years.
- The new retail space is in Broadway Flats. To revitalize the tornado-stricken parcel, the developer and city went forward with plans to use it for a mixed-use development called Broadway Flats. Designed to provide much-needed workforce housing in the neighborhood, Broadway Flats boasts four floors of condos atop 19,000 square feet of retail space.
- Broadway Liquor Outlet isnt your typical neighborhood liquor store. The space occupies more than half9,000 square feetof Broadway Flats retail space. Its safe to say their selection of fine wine, beer and spirits is hard to beat.
- Customers can look forward to shopping in a well-appointed, industrial-chic space. While perusing the stores expansive selection of adult beverages, be sure to note the spaces exposed concrete and steel building structure. And dont miss the unique mezzanine area, which serves as office space for the stores owner.
For more on Broadway Liquor Outlet, visit blompls.com.